- April 2021: Learn more about how the University decided to host a virtual Commencement ceremony from Donna Lynne, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Office of Columbia University Irving Medical Center and the University COVID Director.
- February 2021: After extensive and careful consideration of public health guidelines, and the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on our communities, an in-person ceremony will not be possible this April. We are committed to celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2021 in a meaningful and memorable way. Please join us for a virtual University Commencement ceremony that will be webcast live on Friday, April 30, 2021, at 10:30 a.m. (EDT).
Degrees will be officially conferred in April, May, and June. For more information regarding Class Day ceremonies, please contact your individual school.
- February 2021: The University Commencement ceremony will be held on April 30, 2021. Degrees will be officially conferred in April, May, and June. Class Day ceremony schedules will be announced by early-February of 2021.
- January 2021: The status of future in-person Commencement celebrations are guided by University policies and in accordance with local government and CDC directives. Currently, events with over 10 people in attendance are not permitted in NYC.
- June 2020: As referenced in the Provost’s Calendar Update, Commencement 2021 celebrations will take place during the last week of April.
- November 2020: Rewatch videos from last year’s Commencement Week including Individual School Ceremonies; Baccalaureate Service, and University Commencement