Commencement Week Checklist
Below is a checklist of everything you need to do in the months, weeks, and days leading up to Commencement, and a few tips for the day itself.
To be considered for a degree or certificate and to obtain a diploma, you must file an application with your school or department. If you have not already done so, please visit the website of the Office of the University Registrar.
- Register to participate in the Baccalaureate Service. More details to be announced.
- Verify your address!
- Diplomas will be sent to the "Diploma (DP) Address" that is on file and may be updated on Student Services Online (SSOL). If there is no DP address through SSOL, the diploma will not be sent, and the student will need to make retrieval arrangements with the Office of the University Registrar. Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.
- For Barnard College graduates, use my.barnard.edu and submit your diploma address through the graduation application.
- For Teachers College graduates, use my.tc.columbia.edu to update your diploma mailing address under Student Resources.
- Get your cap and gown! More details to be announced. Check with your individual school prior to placing your regalia order to find out more about any unique instructions.
- More details to be announced - check back soon!
- Good luck with your final exams!
- Check back for more details regarding University Commencement.
- Connect with the Columbia Alumni Association (CAA) about the great benefits available to you after graduation.
- Scheduled to take place on Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
If you haven’t already:
- Verify your address for diploma delivery. Look above at the March 2022 section for more details.
- Update your information in the Alumni Directory for exclusive invitations, alumni benefits, and opportunities that you are now eligible for as a member of the Columbia Alumni Association.